Nose to the ground

posted in: Employee pets | 0

mcdaniel5It’s a hound thing, that nose to the ground. Beagles are scent hounds, born to track small game.

Two beagles
Meet Finnegan and Kennedy McDaniel

Even in the dry grass on that hot August night, Finnegan and Kennedy were tracking the scents of the all of the other dogs that had visited Minto Brown Dog Park. They knew which dogs had been there, who they were with and where they came from. That is a beagle’s job.

These two handsome hound dogs are Finnegan and Kennedy McDaniel. By day, their momma works in the HR department at Chemeketa.

Kennedy
Kennedy

By night, Heather’s job is CEO of the Chuck-it.

I will wonder to my last day about the tennis ball. Did it really come first for tennis or was it made for dogs and the game of tennis followed. None-the-less, six year old Kennedy lived to chase the tennis ball.

Beagle
Finnegan

The slightly older, seven year old Finnegan was happy just to run in the park.

Beagle
Kennedy

And at the end of the day, with a happy heart they sat to enjoy the sun.

• Lovingly owned by Heather McDaniel—Human Resources
  • Family members since 12 weeks old and 10 weeks old
  • Paw size small to medium
  • Most endearing quality they are mischievous.
  • Favorite activity take ’em to the dog park
  • Best memory Kennedy was a foster failure. He wrapped his paws around her heart before she could do anything else. Finnegan is Heather’s heart and soul. He once got lost in the Jefferson Wilderness. So glad to know there was a happy ending to that story.

Tell me, tell me… do you have a family member with four paws that greets you with gusto when you return home after a day at Chemeketa? Are you ready to show them off on Chemeketa Connects? Call me at 503.399.2518 or e-mail me at terri.jacobson@chemeketa.edu. I would love nothing more than to meet and photograph your furry friend.

Tell us what you think. Send praise, criticism and story ideas to chemeketaconnects@chemeketa.eduMail