Class of 2015 – Meet Ryan Thompson

posted in: Student Profile | 0

ryanRyan Thompson
Early College High School

From a young age, Ryan had his sights set on a bright future and saw Chemeketa’s Early College High School as the right opportunity for him. He applied in eighth grade, anticipating that encouragement from our instructors would further develop his passion for learning.

He was right. Now 18, Ryan is graduating high school with 80 college credits and will be first person in his family to attend a four year college.

Staff says Ryan has “distinguished himself as a highly dedicated, academically mature, and natively gifted individual who is intellectually curious, socially and culturally engaged, and committed to developing his gifts to the fullest.”

“I love learning, exploring and having diverse experiences.” Ryan says. “Taking Chemeketa classes while in high school kept me challenged and helped me in my admission to Reed College.”

Ryan plans to study environmental science and hopes to work in environmental restoration and pursue a Ph.D.

Featured graduates were nominated by faculty and staff for their exceptional work at Chemeketa.