Julie presents to our Board of Education the president’s recognition report each month they meet. Julie asked Chemeketa Connects to establish a recurring feature to share with the college community the good news of the good work our colleagues and students are accomplishing.
This first installment features activities from December. In a couple weeks we will recap the bold-faced names and good deeds recognized in the preceding reports of this academic year. Then starting in mid-February we will return to monthly recaps of the recognition report.
Thanks to Leanna Crawford, English/Writing instructor, for organizing and promoting
this year’s Soapbox Poetry and to the following faculty and staff who participated in the fall
term Soapbox Poetry readings –
- Marty Giovanni
- Michele Dishong McCormack
- Brian Mosher
- Jill Rupert
- Elias Villegas
Our applied technology building (Building 20) won the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Salem People’s Choice Design Award for 2016.
The Chemeketa Chapter of the American Association for Women in Community
College (AAWCC) received $515 in donations of cash, gift cards, and gifts to “Pay it Forward for the Holidays.” Eight Chemeketa employees were nominated by their peers and all received gifts to brighten their holiday.
Thanks to the many faculty and staff who have been heavily involved in the instructional and service area program reviews which occur on a five-year cycle and encourages programs and service areas to reflect as a group on performance in relation to the college’s mission and core themes. The program and service reviews listed below made presentations during fall term –
- Library and Learning Services: Natalie Beach, Angie Miller, Jennifer Silkey, Friday Valentine, Shannon Eagles, Theresa Yancey and Mary Schroeder
- Political Science: Maria Cruse
- Public Information, Marketing and Student Recruitment: Greg Harris, James McNicholas, Cristina Barba, Meghan Gallop, Robert LaHue, Terri Jacobson and Esthela Zendejas
- Mathematics: Wayne Barber, Chris Nord, Nolan Mitchell and Lisa Healey
- Psychology: Christopher MacLean, Sam Pierce, Kathleen Torresdal and Aileen Collins
Watch for a new report in a couple weeks showcasing employees recognized in the July-November reports.