Here are some of the improvements you will see –
- Clicking on an item title, for instance, now delivers all the information about that item in a single screen
- Another change is “sticky” limiters that persist through multiple searches
- A customization that many users will find helpful is the button in the limiters area that passes your search along to Google Scholar
- This lets you find even more articles or books on a topic
- A similar button passes searches through to WorldCat
- This may be useful for books or other physical items that are not available in Chemeketa’s collection, through Summit, or from CCRLS
One function that users may expect is the ability to save items or searches to a personal list. This functionality has been turned off for the duration of the beta testing period, because anything saved in the beta search will be lost when the cutover to the production search is made. We encourage you to go on saving items and searches in eShelf in the classic interface, because those saved items will be available in the new user interface when it becomes our main search in December.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Reference desk at 503.399-5231.