I’ll admit it, 2017 was hard. It seemed bad news lurked behind each morning’s news feed. It’s easy to see why Hallmark movie channel’s ratings sky-rocketed this year (is that a myth? My mom told me that, so it has to be true).
Here are 5 things we can reflect on and give thanks for this holiday season, if even for a moment.
- Some good things did happen this year, including Southwest Airlines flying a plane full of puppies to help them escape from Hurricane Harvey.
2. Someone invented Reese’s hot chocolate and shared the recipe just in time for us to indulge. (Because holiday calories don’t count).
3. Guys, Chemeketa’s entire service district had a front row seat to a TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE. Bonus: there was no mass chaos in the region (though, boy, were we prepared). The eclipse exceeded my expectations, how about you?
4. A record-breaking number of women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates made history on election night. ‘Nuff said.
5. Chemeketa remained true to its name’s meaning—place of peace—staying an inclusive learning environment for all individuals wishing to improve their future. Thanks for your contribution to this.
May the rest of your year be a plane full of puppies. Onward and upward to 2018!