Get your walking, jogging or cycling shoes on and let’s get going! Our 2018 pedometer challenge kicks off January 19 and will take employees on a 6,191-mile journey to PyeongChang County, South Korea for the Winter Olympics.
Participating is an easy way to improve your fitness, meet new people and win prizes along the way.
Record Steps, Earn Points, Win Prizes
- Use a pedometer, Fitbit, phone or other fitness tracking tool to track your steps January 19-February 8
- Each time you earn and record 50,000 steps, you will be entered into a drawing for Chemeketa Wellness swag or other wellness prizes
- The team with the highest average will earn Chemeketa Wellness merchandise plus a trophy to keep for bragging rights for a year
- A wellness prize pack will be given to the participant with the highest recorded steps
- Weekly updates will be posted on the Wellness webpage and Facebook page
- Prizes will be announced at the Chemeketa Sweats pedometer challenge awards celebration Friday, February 16
How to Sign Up
- Go solo, form a team or be placed on a team
Team up with anyone on campus, or opt to go it alone- whatever works best for you!
- Determine your steps tracking device
- If you don’t already have one…
The first 50 people to sign up will be given a free pedometer. If you miss the cutoff, the bookstore sells pedometers starting at $10.
If you need help tracking, want to learn how to safely increase your step count or have other questions, contact Raschel Larsen at ext. 3991.
Chemeketa Sweats: PyeongChang Winter Olympics Pedometer Challenge
January 19-February 8
Sign up here