Know a student or two with a story? Let them know that now through March 31, they can enter to win a cash prize by submitting an essay to the “Hold Fast to Dreams” essay contest presented by Chemeketa Reads.
The contest wants to hear about our students’ stories, including –
- Why are you going to college?
- What do you hope to achieve?
- What have you overcome to go to college?
- What gives you hope and courage for the future?
- Essay contest is open to all current Chemeketa students
- Essay must respond to the above prompt
- One entry per student
- All writing materials must be exclusively student-created
- Entries become the property of the Chemeketa Reads project and may be used at events and in publicity materials
- Essay must be no more than 500 words
- Entries must be submitted by March 31, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winners will be notified by May 23, 2018
Monetary awards are as follows –
- First place – $500
- Second place – $300
- Third place – $200
Students are encouraged to utilize the Study Skills Center (Salem Bldg. 2, Rm. 212-A) and attend one of the writing workshops that will be offered on –
- Tues, Feb 6, 12-1 pm, (CRN 62630)
- Wed, Feb 7, 8-9 am, (CRN 62631)
The tutoring center, writing center and online writing center are all available to assist students with drafting their essay.