Chemeketa’s summer wellness activity challenge will help you stay accountable and keep moving during the hot summer months. From July 2 through September 7, we are focusing on moderate- and vigorous-intensity activities including walking, running, dancing, cycling and hiking.
Adults should be including at least –
- 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity physical activity
- Or 75 minutes a week of vigorous activity
- Or a combination of both
- That’s 1500 minutes of activity over 10 weeks
You can choose the intensity that is safest and more applicable to your life and goals.
How the challenge works
- Sign up with this link. You will receive information about physical activity intensity and the tracking link after you register.
- Add up all the time you spend each time with your heart rate elevated, whether it is traditional exercise or other types of activity (gardening counts!).
- Each time you log 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity activity, you earn an entry into a drawing for wellness prizes.
- When you log 1500 minutes of moderate-intensity activity or 750 minutes of vigorous intensity activity, you win a wellness prize.