The newly revamped Center for Academic Innovation in Building 9 supports faculty professional development with both an inviting physical location as well as a robust website that focuses on a variety of teaching & learning innovations.
The center came about from the combining of two locations across the hall from each other in Building 9: eLearning and Academic Technology with the Opportunity Center. This provides a central location for all faculty professional development and closely aligns the academic technology resources available.
A mixture of newly-renovated informal meeting space, the well-known Tech Hub and a training and conference room are available.
More information on what is new, what’s the same, and plans for the upcoming year are provided below by Center for Academic Innovation staff. You can visit their new website at facultyhub.chemeketa.edu.
- Located on the Salem campus in Bldg 9/Room 106, the Center for Academic Innovation provides faculty with access to a newly renovated Hospitality Center, teaching resources, conversation spaces and resources within the Academic Technology Hub.
- The Center provides support of faculty professional development for new faculty orientations (now offered in more flexible manner), annual faculty retreat, Sara Varnum seminar for PT faculty, DPR, AVID, local, regional and national conferences, monthly workshops, blogs, and podcasts.
- Professional development opportunities will be faculty-led and based on data provided by faculty
What’s the same?
- Tech Hub – the technology resources, workshops on the LMS and general support for online are still available to faculty as well as expanded support for any faculty using technology for teaching & learning
- Chemeketa Online is still located within our department and will continue to provide comprehensive support to online students and faculty
What to expect in the coming year?
- Faculty Needs Assessment – We will be conducting a comprehensive faculty needs assessment throughout the year. The assessment will be conducted in phases throughout the year. Data collected will be used to inform activities that will be scheduled in the future.
- Trainings & Workshops- We will provide ongoing support and training like eLearn Institute, Hybrid Training, Gradebook training, Copyright, DPR, eLearn Tool training and much more!
- We have re-launched the “Hub Talk” podcast series which will include 2-3 new podcasts for your listening pleasure every term.
- Professional Development Events- We will share information about local and regional professional development conferences for faculty. Events will be regularly updated on our website.