On Thursday, May 23, CCBI will host Startup 411, a workshop geared toward helping entrepreneurs learn about resources and develop a plan to start their business.
Anyone who has a business idea but doesn’t know where to start is invited to attend the workshop, which will provide –
- A check list of where to get started
- A review of common mistakes entrepreneurs make and how to avoid them
- An overview of startup funding options (and realities)
- An overview of resources available to entrepreneurs
- Answers to some of the basic questions that always come up, including protecting your idea, finding co-founders and more
About the Presenters
Steve Morris, Executive Director, OTBC
A veteran of three startups, Steve has more than 25 years of management experience in the software, service, and semiconductor test industries at companies such as Hewlett Packard, Cadence Design Systems, Mentor Graphics, Credence Corporation and Teseda Corporation. In addition to leading OTBC, he serves as the Managing Director of OregonStartups.com.
Ann McQuesten, Associate, Perkins Coie
Corporate attorney Ann McQuesten counsels business clients across a range of industry sectors and stages of growth on matters involving corporate governance, securities compliance and significant corporate transactions. Ann’s experience includes representing buyers and sellers in mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganization transactions. Ann also works with issuers and investors in private and public debt and equity financing transactions.
Thursday, May 23
CCBI (626 High St. NE, Salem OR)
Sponsored by Launch Mid-Willamette Valley and Oregon Entrepreneurs Network.