On Thursday, May 16, CCBI hosted eight women from India who were in the United States on a visitation focused on Small Business Development for Women Business Leaders.
The objectives of their visit were –
- Examine the economic, political and social factors that influence and encourage the development of small businesses, especially those owned by women
- Explore the role of women-owned businesses in fostering innovation and social and economic development
- Demonstrate the impact of U.S. small businesses on the local, regional, national and global economies
During their two-hour visit, the group toured CCBI and Diane McLaran, Celia Nunez and Joanne Scharer presented information on the programs and services of CCBI and the Small Business Development Center.
They were especially interested in the online entrepreneurship classes, the Small Business Management program, and the Edge Business Accelerator.
The members of the group from India were-
- Ms. Sonali Madhukar Bhope, Founding Director of AdAge Media and BizMentors
- Ms. Aardra Chandra Mouli, Founder and Managing Director, Aeka Biochemicals, Pvt. Ltd.
- Ms. Sagarika Gandi, Founder, Agpulse, Private Ltd.
- Ms. Anuradha Goswami, Deputy Director, Indian Chamber of Commerce – Assam State Office
- Ms. Nisha Krishnan, Founder, Director, and Editor-in-Chief, Channeliam.com
- Ms. Swosti Mishra, Executive Director, Bhubaneswar Chapter of The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE)
- Ms. Chandra Vadhana Radhakrishnan, Founder and Chief Mentor, Prayaana
- Ms. Gurpreet Kaur Sahni, Proprietor, Noor Enterprises.