From July 1-September 6, the Chemeketa Sweats 1500 summer activity challenge will help keep you moving during the hot summer months (and long workdays).
The challenge focusing on moderate (brisk walking, gardening, housework, hiking, etc.) and vigorous (competitive sports, running, biking faster than 10 mph, etc.) intensity activities.
Adults should be including at least 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity physical activity or 75 minutes a week of vigorous activity, or a combination of both. You can choose the intensity that is safest and more applicable to your life and goals.
How the Challenge Works
- Add up all the time you spend each time with your heart rate elevated, whether it is traditional exercise or other types of activity & either log minutes on the tracking spreadsheet or report privately using a google form. You can add up time spent doing different activities during the day, as long as they are moderate or vigorous. The minutes you log can be part of an exercise plan or include other types of physical activity.
- Each time you log 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity activity, you earn entry into a drawing for wellness prizes.
- When you log 1500 minutes of moderate-intensity activity or 750 minutes of vigorous intensity activity, you will win a wellness prize.
- Keep safety in mind if you are challenging yourself to increase your physical activity time or intensity. Make small adjustments, and pay attention to how you feel. It’s also important to be aware of heat-related concerns associated with physical activity. Summer is here, so you might consider adjusting your schedule so that you avoid midday sun or moving activity indoors. Remember to stay hydrated, wear sunscreen and wear appropriate clothing.
- Share with others! Tag #chemeketawellness or #chemeketasweats during the challenge and earn an entry into a separate drawing.
Chemeketa Sweats 1500 Summer Challenge
July 1-September 6
Sign up here