Thank you, Julie

Chemeketa BOE present Julie Huckestein with a plaque

On Wednesday, June 26, Chemeketa’s Board of Education congratulated Julie on her July 7 retirement during a celebratory moment at the BOE meeting.

“President Huckestein is a strong and collaborative leader who has benefited our students in countless ways,” said Neva Hutchinson, chair of the Chemeketa’s Board of Education. “Her focus on student success while maintaining solid relationships with community leaders, K-12, college, and university partners is exceptional. We will miss her.”

Things to Celebrate

• The Chemeketa Press textbook program was established saving students much-needed money on books
  • The college became recognized as a Hispanic Serving Institution
  • Establishment of programs in Bi-lingual Education, Robotics and Anesthesiology Technology
  • The revival of the Music program
  • Securing funding for a long-planned Agriculture complex and construction of a new women’s softball field

A Message from Julie

“I’ve enjoyed a wonderful career because of the support of family, friends and colleagues. A rewarding career is not the result of one person’s work, but the collective work of many individuals. I’ve had the privilege of working with a board and community leaders to improve the communities we serve and to impact individual lives. I’m proud of the work of our college faculty and staff has done to serve every student who comes through our doors and of our efforts to keep college affordable.  My life has been enriched by the experiences I have had the last 32 years and It is a wonderful feeling to have in my heart as I enter the next stage in my life. I know Chemeketa will continue to thrive because of a board of education, faculty and staff, and incoming president who share a commitment to student success.”

Join us in congratulating Julie during her last week at Chemeketa.