Chemeketa Foundation Scholarships
There is approximately $500,000 available in scholarship and assistance funds to new and returning students each year.
About Chemeketa Scholarships
- Scholarships are awarded based on merit or need
- While you will not need to apply for individual scholarships, you can see our list of current scholarships here
- When you apply, you will just fill out one general application to be eligible for all scholarships you qualify for.
- When you apply between February 1 and March 31, you're applying for the next academic year beginning fall term; though some exceptions may be made for summer term
- If you are not a current student at Chemeketa, apply for admission first
- If you are already enrolled in classes at Chemeketa, be sure your major or program of study is current in our records
- If you are not sure about your major or program of study, indicate your intent and write about it in the essay section of the application
- Before applying, you will need to either have applied for FAFSA or ORSAA to obtain your estimated family contribution (EFC) score
- Foundation scholarships are open to all new or returning students, including students without a social security number
New Scholarship System in 2023
In 2023, we launched a new scholarship system to manage applications and award notices. If you have applied for a Foundation scholarship in the past, you will notice that our new application features many of the same questions and requirements as our previous application. You will still find helpful information from the instructional video below, but please know that the application format and login process have changed.
We appreciate your patience as we work through updating our materials to reflect the changes. In the meantime, please stop by our office on the Salem Campus in Building 5, Room 264 or email us at email@example.com with any questions.
How to Apply
Applications are generally accepted February 1 through March 31 each year.
Theses scholarship windows may be your only opportunity to apply for Chemeketa Foundation scholarships. Complete just one application to be considered for our awards. If you qualify for one of our scholarships, you will be matched to that opportunity and added to a pool of finalists. Late applications will not be considered.
Steps to apply –
- Visit chemeketa.academicworks.com
- Log into the scholarship portal using your Chemeketa user name and password
- Select My Applications to fill out the general application
- You can log in to make changes to your application at any time during the application window
- You can update your application materials at any time, until the application deadline, by selecting My Applications and clicking Update under the General Applications section
- Eligibility depends on complete answers to all questions
If you have already submitted your application, you will be redirected to your Scholarship Opportunities Dashboard where you can review any pending scholarship offers, or any other items for review.
To begin preparing for the application, you can view the essay and short answer questions and helpful tips at any time.
We will be hosting virtual workshops over the application cycle to answer questions and assist you in completing our online scholarship application. Below are available times and links to attend. No need to register in advance.
2024 Virtual Workshops-
- Monday, February 5 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Tuesday, February 6 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Monday, February 12 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Tuesday, February 13 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Tuesday, February 20 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Tuesday, February 27 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Tuesday, March 5 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Monday, March 11 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Tuesday, March 12 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Monday, March 18 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Tuesday, March 19 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Monday, March 25 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
- Tuesday, March 26 | 10 am - 11 am | Zoom Link
For in-person assistance, visit our scholarship coordinator at the Salem Campus in Building 5, Room 264 on Fridays, between 9 am - 11 am and 2 pm - 4 pm.
Scholarships are awarded each year beginning in April. The Foundation will continue awarding first-round scholarships through July. Students are encouraged to continue checking their My Chemeketa email account weekly for a scholarship notification through the beginning of fall term as scholarships will continue to be re-offered throughout the year.
Expectations of Scholarship Recipients
Your scholarship may require you to write a personal thank you letter and submit a photo to share with your donor(s). Notify Foundation staff if you have concerns about submitting a photo or providing a thank you letter and we can connect with you about granting an exception if it is a requirement of your scholarship. A notification email will be sent to your My Chemeketa email account with a link to login into the scholarship portal to view your available offers and submission requirements.
You will need to maintain your scholarship requirements including enrollment level and grade point average to keep your scholarship each term.
Plagiarized letters will not be accepted. Learn more about preparing these documents –