Students New to Chemeketa
New student academic advising can help you plan and register for classes, understand your placement test scores, access student services and learn more about attending Chemeketa.
New Student Advising
- New certificate or degree-seeking students are required to meet with an academic advisor until you have successfully completed 30 credits of 100 level or higher at Chemeketa.
- Classes taken through College Credit Now in high school do not count toward meeting this requirement.
- You will be assigned an academic advisor based on your program or degree interest.
- Your advisor will assist you in developing an education plan to follow during your time at Chemeketa.
How to Complete First Term Advising
- First follow the steps for new students to enroll at Chemeketa.
- View the advising, registration and appointment videos below.
- After you view the videos choose one of the following options:
OPTION ONE: PHONE, ZOOM or IN-PERSON ADVISING
Schedule a New Student Advising Appointment
You will need to login to Navigate through either a mobile or web app. Instructions on downloading and accessing Navigate are available here.
To schedule your appointment in Navigate:
- Open the Navigate Student app or Web app and log in with your Chemeketa credentials.
- To schedule appointments, click the purple Appointments icon on the left navigation menu.
- Other Appointment Options - You can also view available drop-in times.
Prepare for your session by
- Making sure the phone number you entered on the appointment is valid, charged and voicemail is set up
- Accessing and reviewing the New Student Packet, the current Chemeketa Catalog and the Student Planner & Handbook
- Being prepared with the following information –
- Student ID number (K#)
- Placement assessment results
- Username and password for Chemeketa Single Sign On (for help accessing your account call the IT Help Desk at 503.399.7899)
- Unofficial transcripts if transferring from another college
- Information on your completed CLEP, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate tests or college-level classes completed during high school (if applicable)
- We recommended you transfer all previous class and test credits to Chemeketa before attending a new student advising session
- Learn how to transfer your credits to Chemeketa
Option Two: Online Advising
Complete and submit the First Term Advising Survey:
- Once you submit the survey your information will be routed to an advisor
- Make sure to check your Chemeketa student email account for a response