Talent Search & Mentor Program
Providing academic, social, cultural and career exploration opportunities for eligible students at Houck, Parrish, Stephens and Waldo middle schools and McKay and North Salem high schools.
Talent Search Activities & Resources
- McKay's TRIO advisor, Ana Sanchez, is at McKay HS throughout the week in the Student Center
- North's TRIO advisor, Isabel Mendoza, is at North Salem HS throughout the week in Room 110.
- After school tutoring is Monday and Tuesday afternoons in the McKay HS Student Center and Room 110 at North Salem HS.
- Zoom tutoring is available Wednesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm. Contact your TRIO advisor for the link.
Who is Eligible?
- Must be a student at Houck, Parrish, Stephens or Waldo middle schools or McKay or North Salem high schools
- First-generation college-bound student (neither parent has a bachelors degree)
- Students who meet federal low-income requirements
Talent Search is 100% federally funded at $313,855 annually.
Financial and College Preparation Resources
- Oregonstudentaid.gov – OSAC Scholarships, Oregon Promise and other financial resources
- FAFSA.gov – Complete your federal financial aid application (FAFSA)
- Big Future from College Board – college and career exploration and paying for college)
- Oregon Gear Up – College preparation checklist by grade
- Khan Academy – Academic support, test prep and college and career courses
- Oregon Career Information Systems
- My Next Move – Career exploration site from the US Dept of Labor