breadcrumbs-home chemeketa-community-college-abstract-logo chemeketa-community-college-abstract-logo cross minus plus menu search oregon chemeketa-instagram chemeketa-logo-full-color envelope-o star check close home chevron-left chevron-right plus2 chevron-up chevron-down twitter facebook envelope linkedin angle-left angle-right angle-up angle-down rotate-left instagram
Jump to Header Jump to Main Navigation and Secondary Navigation Jump to main content Jump to Footer

Student Disability Related Complaints

Information on how to file a disability-related grievance.

Student Disability Related Complaint and Grievance Process

Student Accessibility Services and Chemeketa Community College supports the right of students with disabilities to file a grievance for alleged discrimination identified as discriminatory harassment, denial of appropriate accommodations, modifications, or auxiliary aids as outlined in Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

General complaints and grievance processes including academic disputes apply to all students. The grievance processes outlined in this area are in addition to the general process and are for students with disabilities who feel that their rights have been violated under section 504 and the ADA.

  • Student Disability Related Complaint Process

    Student conflict processes regarding disability related matters with facility access, staff, faculty, college sponsored events, or Student Accessibility Services:

    • Students are encouraged to speak with an Accommodation Specialist first to resolve their concerns. 
    • The Accommodation Specialist will assist in resolving concerns by contacting, clarifying, and facilitating communication with the employee, program, department, or organization.  
    • Most situations are positively resolved with the Accommodation Specialist’s support and mediation. 
    • If you are unable to effectively resolve the complaint, or if you are dissatisfied with the progress or outcome a complaint, or if you have a complaint regarding the Accommodation Specialist, you can meet with the Director of Student Accessibility and Testing Services. The Director will evaluate the concern and determine an appropriate resolution.
    • You and other involved parties will be notified of the progress, findings, or resolution typically within fourteen business days. 
    • Due to the urgency of many issues, it is likely that a resolution will be reached much sooner. 
    • If the student has a concern regarding the Director of Student Accessibility and Testing Services or would like to appeal the outcome of a complaint resolution, please contact the Executive Dean of Student Development & Learning Resources at 503.589.7619, Building 2, Room 208. 
    • If the student is unable to resolve the complaint through the established college processes, or at any time during this process, the student may contact the Office for Civil Rights at 206-607-1600.
  • Other Resources for Reporting Disability Discrimination


    U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights
    915 Second Avenue, Room 3310
    Seattle, WA 98174-1099
    Phone: 206.607.1600
    TDD: 1.800.877.8339
    Fax: 206.607.1601

    Disability Rights Oregon
    511 SW 10th Avenue, Suite 200
    Portland, OR 97205
    Phone: 503.243.2081 or 1.800.452.1694
    TTY: 503.323.9161 or 1.800.556.5351
    Fax: 1.800.513.2321

    *Employees with disability related complaints or concerns should contact Human Resources 503.399.5009, Building 2, Room 214.